- Sport and relaxation
- Cycle ride
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
This delightful bike ride will take you along the Canal du Centre: perfect to explore the Hainaut region and learn more about its cultural heritage, protected by UNESCO.
From Binche, famous for its carnival (considered a masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity by UNESCO), the route will guide you to the peaceful village of Estinnes-au-Val. A few kilometres further, cycling along the water, the canal's boat lifts (also on the UNESCO list) will prove quite an impressive sight.
Do take the time to visit Bois-du-Luc, a former mining site, before joining the RAVel and cycling back.
Start / Finish: Tourist Office - Grand'Place - Binche
Distance: 38 km
Markings: RAVel and nodes
Click here to download the interactive map, description of the itinerary and the GPX file for this route.
Along the way
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution
- Place Jules Mansart 21-227100 La LouvièrePhone number +32 64 26 15 00
Maximum distance : 38 Km