- Sport and relaxation
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Hybrid Bike
This loop will take you between the Gileppe lake and Limbourg, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia.
You will get to cycle on the Gileppe Lake dam, built in 1857 to secure water for the wool industry. Look out, nearby, for the impressive 13 meters high lion guarding it! The path then takes you through meadows lined with hedgerows in the Pays de Goé.
In the distance now appears a twisted bell tower, sculpted to resist the wind, often quite powerful by the Fagnes. Limbourg, built on a rocky outcrop, is now in sight. Continue through the Baelen pastures until you reach the lake again,
Start / Finish: Gileppe parking, Route de la Gileppe 55A, Jalhay
Distance: 26 km
Click here to download the interactive map, description of the itinerary and the GPX file for this route.
Along the way
- Gileppe Lake AccroPark
- Lake Gileppe Dam
- Sentier du Dragon et arboretum de Mefferscheid | Hautes Fagnes
- Musée d'Archéologie et de Folklore à Verviers
- Verviers Fine Arts and Ceramics Museum
- IKOB - A Museum of Contemporary Art in Eupen
- Remember Museum 39-45
- Rue Jules Cerexhe 864800 VerviersPhone number +32 87 30 79 26
Maximum distance : 26 Km