- Folklore and Tradition
Come and experience the Eupen carnival, one of the largest processions in the East Cantons.
A Meuse-Rhine carnival
The most important day of the carnival is the Rosenmontag or Rose Monday. It owes its name to the carnival in Cologne: the pope marked the day sacred with a rose before Lent. Its origin goes back to the 17th century. It takes place on the Monday before Shrove Tuesday. Visitors, on that day, can admire over 60 carriages and a hundred groups in splendid outfits in the town.
- Thursday: old women procession
- Saturday: children's procession
- Sunday: traditional procession
- Monday: Rose Monday procession
Enjoy the carnival atmosphere in the German-speaking city of Eupen, at the heart of the East Cantons!
Event planned for the month of February 2022 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.