- Architectural heritage
- Industrial heritage
- Guided tour and discovery
The Fire Trail is a route presenting Wallonia’s industrial and technical heritage in 6 iconic locations near Liège. A full journey through time, from when our prehistoric ancestors discovered fire, its role during the Industrial Revolution and its place in art.
On the Fire Trail, you will get to…
- Follow the steps of cavemen at the Prehistomuseum and learn to hunt by spear throwing
- Walk through former industrial sites, now nature reserves, at the Maîtres du Feu or at the Maison des Terrils
- Learn about Vervier’s past textile industry part at the Centre Touristique de la Laine et de la Mode
- Explore the mine in Blegny, one of four major mining sites in Wallonia and a Unesco World Heritage site.
- Travel through 400 years of industrial revolution at the Maison de la Métallurgie et de l'Industrie in Liège
- Watch master glassblowers create incredible pieces at the Cristal Discovery in Val Saint Lambert
The Route du Feu offers a wide range of activities perfect for solo travellers, families, groups and schools.
Please buy or book tickets directly from the sites mentioned above.