The new edition of Flammes will take place in the stunning courtyard of honour of the Bomal castle, turned into the most magical place for the occasion. This torchlit, theatrical wandering performance through the forest of Bomal, near Durbuy, will tell you about the local history.
Superstition in the region, present for centuries, really did mark daily life. The characters you will meet along your walk are perfect examples. Expect fascinating stories.
Flammes brings together:
- over 200 volunteers
- passionate shop holders
- clubs and associations
- people coming from all over the region to help
- a high-quality show
- fireworks to close the event
Flammes aims at being:
- touristic, a wonderful way for locals to enjoy the region and for travellers to discover it
- convivial, each group being led with someone fully in love with the village
- cultural as the show highlight the legends of the region and part of its history
- musical with concerts and animations at the end of each evening
- gastronomic with terroir food stalls held by local artisans, butchers, cheesemongers...
Flammes is sure to make your dream and inspire you...
Event planned for the month of August 2022 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.