- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels, is home to the Folon Foundation, which galleries present over 500 artworks by the famous Belgian artist.
Jean-Michel Folon (1934-2005) was one of Belgium’s great illustrators, best known for his poster designs. More than 500 of his works, spanning 40 years, are housed in a group of restored farm buildings in the grounds of the 19th-century castle of La Hulpe, in Walloon Brabant province. As a young boy, Folon played in the château’s magnificent park, which he called “the garden of the thousand rhododendrons”. Watercolours, engravings, posters and sculptures – many of them inspired by these gardens – are enhanced by music and film to create a magnificent exhibition.
The site also organises:
- temporary exhibitions
- workshops for children or adults
- birthday parties for the little ones
- guided tours for groups (classical or off the beaten tracks)
New: a nature-themed tour
A guide from the Foundation will show you around the Solvay Park, known of its stunning landscape. The tour finishes with a solo visit of the museum.
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you are blind or visually impaired: multi-sensory tours can be arranged.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing: solo visits
- Material: most of the artworks have some relief or are thermoformed, which makes them more easily accessible to touch.
Validity date: from 01-01-2020 au 31-12-2020
- Offer valid throughout 2020
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
The museumPassmusées: free access to 172 Belgian museums for 59€
This exclusive pass, valid for a year, gives you free access to over 100 Belgian museums, Wallonia included.
Please check the opening times, booking tips and recommendations with them (either via their website or by contacting them directly) before visiting. Remember to check the border and quarantine regulations before travelling.
Click here to see the list of attractions now reopened.
German - English - Spanish - French - Italian - Dutch
Credit cards accepted
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Shop - Car parking - Cycle rack - Parking - Restaurant - Terrace
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - DE - EN - FR - NL