- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Hergé Museum, in Wallonia, is dedicated to the illustrator who created Tintin. An absolute must stop for any comic book lover.
The museum is located in Louvain-la-Neuve, province of Walloon Brabant, a mere 30 minutes' drive from Brussels.
Georges Remi, who would become universally known by his penname Hergé, produced his first comic book about an intrepid boy reporter with a perpetually surprised expression and a bag of tricks up his sleeve. ‘Tintin in the Land of the Soviets’ was followed by 22 further adventures, which sold millions of copies around the world and revolutionised the comic strip with their combination of meticulous line drawings, thrills and spills, well-researched science, memorable characters and quirky humour.
Much Tintin memorabilia, and a comprehensive selection of Hergé’s other work – drawings, sketches, posters and caricatures – can be found at the Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve.
The building itself was designed and built by French architect Christian de Portzamparc.
Your visit to the Hergé Museum
The visitors' route will take you through 3 levels, starting with the top one. There are 8 exhibition rooms to discover, retracing the artist's life and work. The collections feature original pieces changed every 4 months to keep some variety, personal objects, models, movies and visual experiences.
This museum is a dynamic space, organising temporary exhibitions and events themed around Hergé and comic books.
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair: site easily accessible without help
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing: site easy to navigate without help
- If you are blind or visually impaired: site easy to navigate without help
- If you have difficulties understanding: site easy to navigate without help
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid outside temporary exhibitions
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
The museumPassmusées: free access to 172 Belgian museums for 59€
This exclusive pass, valid for a year, gives you free access to over 100 Belgian museums, Wallonia included.
English - French - Dutch
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Air conditioning - Lift - Cafe - Daylight - Shop - Training materials on request - Non-smoking - Restaurant - Common bathroom - Wi-Fi
Pets not allowed
Guide available/groups - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet