- Minin heap
- Sport and relaxation
- Walking or hiking
Walk all the way up this mining heap, a memory of Le Borinage's former key industry, to enjoy a superb view over Mons...
A remarkable biodiversity
- Pioneer forest (mostly beech trees)
- Soil with a high mineral content
- Reed beds
- 3 types of newts
- Rich biodiversity
Well worth the effort
- Several paths lead to the top
- The stroll starts in a birch tree planted woodland. You will see the colour of the soil change as you go up, from red to black. It's ever so peaceful too - not traffic, just birds singing
- Steep stairs will take you to the very top
- Enjoy the stunning view on the region.
COVID-19 : Please note PCR tests and quarantines remain a strict requirement when travelling to Belgium. We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you wish to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply a look at their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions. Some will prefer you to book your ticket in advance. Infos
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.