- Animal park/zoo/aquarium
In the Jardin des Hiboux, visitors can get closer to birds of prey, join demonstrations to see them unfold their wings and fly... There is much to discover about nature there, how honey is made for example. A perfect day out with the children.
This wildlife park can be found in Bièvre, in the province of Namur: just 22 km from Lavaux-Sainte-Anne and a few kilometres from the French border
75 free-flying birds
- The Jardin des Hiboux offers a fun, instructive visit respectful of the birds of prey's well being
- Visitors can discover many different species on site: owls, eagle-owls, hawks, eagles, vultures...
- The team will gladly explain their flying and hunting techniques. Do have a chat with you: they are keen to share anecdotes about these incredible animals and explain how they are taken care of.
- Don't miss the flying demonstrations which reveal the speed and elegance of these birds!
Honey and the farm
After visiting the aviary, Peter Otte, Belgium's first professional beekeeper in Belgium, will introduce you to honey making and explain how bees live. He manages no less than 200 hives throughout the country, producing 18 different types of honey, 6 tons in total: impressive!
There also are farm animals to meet, pet and feed: donkeys, alpacas, goats, sheep, ponies...
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you have a wheelchair: the visit is accessible with a little help
- If you have difficulties walking / If you are blind or visually impaired / If you are deaf or are hard of hearing / if you have difficulties understanding: you are welcome to do the visit on your own
Minimum duration : 2:30
French - Dutch
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Cafe - Car parking - Parking
Pets not allowed
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - FR - NL