- Horse riding
La Chevauchée forestière is a 168 km long (unmarked) horse ride in the Saint Hubert Forest (Begian Ardenne).
A magical adventure awaits! The itinerary will take you along stunning landscapes, tree planted valleys (Almache, Basseille, Lesse, Lomme, Masblette, Our, Ourthe…) and wild rivers which you occasionally will have to wade off.
You will find lodgings with boxes for horses along the way.
A well-designed route
The itinerary takes as few paved roads as possible, favouring woodlands and natural areas.
For experienced riders
Ford, marked relief, sometimes steep paths: La Chevauchée forestière and its loops are for experienced riders only.
Fancy a shorter ride? La Chevauchées can be divided in 5 loops which can be combined:
- La Chevauchée de Saint Monon (31 km)
- La Chevauchée de la Bonne Dame (37 km)
- La Chevauchée des vallées sauvages (47 km)
- La Chevauchée entre Lesse et Lomme (57 km)
- La Chevauchée sur les pas de Saint Hubert (62 km)
Choose from a range of partner lodgings, who guarantee both you and your horse a warm welcome.