- Folklore and Tradition
This event, celebrated on Mardi Gras day in Belgium (the equivalent to our pancake day), is a local tradition. Aside fro the bonfire lit in the evening, expect to see a float dragged by saqueux (meaning "those who pull" in Walloon) to the top of the village. The astoqueux (married men) will try to stop the destoqueux (young and fit bachelors) in their task.
- 13:00 - saqueux, astoqueux, destoqueux an musicians arrive
- 14:00 - departure of the procession, the float is pulled around the lake
- 17:00 - stop on the village's main square
- 19:00 - end of the procession
- 20:00 - bonfire and traditional dances (which includes 7 jumps)
Event planned for the month of February 2022 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.