- Industrial heritage
- Guided tour and discovery
- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The permanent exhibition "Le Triangle blanc, la pierre et les hommes" (the white triangle, stone and men) presents a contemporary view of limestone mining in the region of Tournai. At the Maison Rurale de Calonne, pnear Antoing (Hainaut, Plaines de l'Escaut nature park).
This exhibition pays a tribute to the past but also focuses on the present. It features:
- didactic pannels
- atypical items found on functioning site, to bette understand the monumental scale of the machines and their level of precision
- collections and photographs from the former stone museum, now beautifully stages in former stables
- fossils found in the quarries
- presentation of how nature took over the former lime kilns and quarries
The garden of the Maison rurale de Calonne also has as an orientation table , from which starts a lovely .
English - French - Dutch
Tour of facilities
Training materials provided
Guide available/groups - FR - Guide available/individuals - FR