Travel back in time, all the way back to Napoleonic times, and discover the reconstitution of the Emperor's final victory, 2 days before Waterloo: the battle of Ligny.
This amazing show will immerse you in this wonderful page, presenting the trades popular 200 years ago. the atmosphere will delight all generations, history lovers, expert or not in this period.
The battle of Ligny
Ligny, a village in the province of Namur, found itself the stage of fighting between the Prussian and British armies. On June 16th, 1815, at 3 pm, a cannon was fired, marking the beginning of the battle with 152,000 men fought fiercely until 10 pm.
Ligny brings the story back to life every year with a re-enactment of the battle, with hundreds of actors join in.
Visitors can discover throughout the weekend:
- Re-enactment at the 1815 ambulance station
- Meals prepared as they were at the time
- Life of soldiers at the camps
- Animations for children, workshop, demonstrations, imperial music
- Guided tour of the Ligny 1815 Museum
- Market of yesteryear
- Marches through the village
The entertainment will match the stature of the event... Do put in in your diary!
Event planned for the month of June 2022 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.