- Folklore and Tradition
Come and celebrate the end of the cold season in Lobbe with a fantastic folkloric carnival.
There will be many traditional characters to meet, among which:
- The Nonancourts: musicians wearing extraordinary costumes and interpreting partitions in a very personal way
- The Hottes: this guild, created in 1910, led to the creation of another character, Lobbain (a grandmother carrying a man in her sack). .
The costume are quite unique in Belgium. To learn more about their origin, make a detour via the Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche
Saturday - children's carnival
- 15:00 - start of the procession (from the Ecoles du centre)
- 16:00 - traditional dancing on the Place Communale
- 16:30 - rewards given to the best costumes
- 10:30: medals ceremony at the Salon Communal
- 15:00: start of the procession
- 20:30: traditional dances on the Place Communale
- 14:00 - entertainement in the streets
- 21:00 - traditional dances followed by fireworks
- 21:30 - bonfire on which a Nonancourt and a Gille will be burnt
- Raclot (last day of the carnical celebrations) followed by a herring-themed supper
Event planned for the month of March 2021Dates and programme may be subject to change.