- Folklore and Tradition
This is one of the most authentic folkloric events in the Ardennes. The "Macralles" are witches and spellcasters.
"They have noses like nutcrackers, ferocious glares, toothless mouths, wicked bottom lips and their hair is wild and filthy"... it is said. Fascinating characters indeed!
- At around 10.30pm, the crowd gathers at "Tienne Messe" then follows the steep trails leading to the torch-carrying witches await.
- Behind them is a clearing, in the middle of which simmers a huge cauldron.
- The witches then recount with glee how they managed to enrage the local people throughout the past year.
- Follow fireworks, music and dancing till late in the night...
Event planned for the month of July 2021 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.