- Museum or Interpretation Centre
In November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
Who are these gigantic characters joining festivities in many European cities? Come and meet them at the Maison des Géants in Ath, nestled in a Louis XV mansion.
What to see
- How a giant is created
- The different ways of carrying a giant
- The transmission of this wonderful tradition from a generation to another
- Documentaries presenting festivities
- Temporary exhibitions on varied themes
Step in the fascinating world of Wallonia's giants and learn about this centuries old tradition.
Please check the opening times, booking tips and recommendations with them (either via their website or by contacting them directly) before visiting. Remember to check the border and quarantine regulations before travelling.
Click here to see the list of attractions now reopened.
Library or document centre - Educational service
Cafe - Shop - Car parking
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL