- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
- Education to nature
- Cycle ride
- Walking or hiking
- Cross-country skiing
- Adventure sports
- Trekking & hiking
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
Located on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
Original, playful, interactive, surprising: the permanent exhibition, Fania, will reveal the haute Fagnes' many secrets. Designed with children in mind, the galleries immerse you in a soothing, enchanting atmosphere. Listen up! Here you get to hear morning birds, nocturnal noises.... Further on, you can climb in a squirrel's nest and explore a fox's burrow.
The brewery and boutique
Enjoy regional recipes. locally brewed beer, freshly pressed fruit juice... or do a little shopping! The boutique features nature books, terroir products, postcards, hiking maps and all kind of gift ideas...
The tractor-drawn carriage
A fantastic way to discover the region! The ride covers 18 km in 2 hours and includes information on the local fauna and flora.
- Information on hikes
- Possibility to book guided tours (4 weeks in advance min.)
At the Maison du Parc-Botrange
- Play area
- Medicinal plants garden
- Didactic path (accessible to PRMs)
- Possibility to rent cross-country skiing equipment in season
- Possibility to rent e-bikes
Visitors with specific needs
The Botrange nature centre is one of the many sites certified by Access-i (meaning with facilities or/activities adapted to travellers with specific needs). Please note only the museum (not the gardens) is certified. You will find more details on the website to plan your visit.
Maison du parc:
- Mondays to Fridays: from 09:00 to 17:00
- Weekends and public holidays: from 10:00 to 18:00
- December 24th and 31st: from 14:00
- December 25th and January 1st (all day)
- April-November 2020
- Booking highly recommended for groups
- April-October 2020: booking required
- E-bike hire
- Bike hire
- Library or document centre
- Educational service
- Car parking
- Cycle rack