- Sport and relaxation
- Mountain Bike
This loop will take you to the province of Luxembourg, by Bertrix and Herbeumont.
Start from the disused Bertrix-Herbeumont-Muno track line (used to bring supplies to German troops in Verdun during WW1).
It became the "voie des pierres qui parlent"(trail of the talking stones), a pleasant stroll with didactic panels explaining how rich the Bertrix region was when it relied on the slate industry.
Just before Saint-Médard, the path takes you into the forest. Impressively large, it features superb beech trees and an enchanting stream, the Antrogne.
A superb descent guides you down towards the Semois, you may glimpse a few white herons or even a beaver.
Start: the former station - Avenue René Demarteau in Herbeumont
Distance: 21 km
Markings: mountain biking
Activities along the way
- The medieval ruins of Herbeumont castle
- The Nawès beach
- The Bertrix arboretum
- The Bergerie d'Acremont, a sheephold with Belgian ewes and so much more
- Le Champ le Monde: a retro campsite in Herbeumont
- Le Bout des Bois: a countryside gîte in Herbeumont
- Le Logis d'Amélie | Meublé de vacances à Herbeumont
- Les Hespérides | Maison d'hôtes à Herbeumont