- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
Listed by Unesco as exceptional heritage, the Mundaneum stores so many documents they would create a 6 km long line if put side by side... This off the beaten path gem in Wallonia can be compared to the invention of the printing press in the 15th century.
The Centre received the "European Culture Award" in 2016 for helping a shared vision: peace through culture. At the edge of this digital revolution, the Mundaneum offers a fantastic playground bringing together information and digital literacy. It is considered the ancestor of our modern web search engines. It partnered with Google in 2012.
A bit of history
The Mundaneum today
- Universal Bibliographic Repertory
- The International Newspaper Museum
- Personal papers from the founders
- Archives on anarchy, feminism and pacifism
- Books, posters, photographs, post cards, etc.
Validity date: from 01-01-2022 au 31-12-2022
- Offer valid throughout 2022
- 3.5€ instead of 7€ per adult, 1€ instead of 2€ per child
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please use the code WBT 2022 to enjoy this promotion
Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer. Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility.
This museum offers the following facilities:
- If you are blind or visually impaired: holding rails, appropriate toilets, lifts
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing: video in sign language
This site is not yet Access-I certified: please contact them directly for further details.
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Daylight - Shop - Motor Home parking - WIFI
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - DE - EN - FR - NL