- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Education to nature
- Guided tour and discovery
Located in the renovated barn of the Tilff, this natural museum is fully dedicated to bees.
The galleries feature
- An audiovisual montage illustrating the many activities of working bees at different periods of their lives (2 versions, one for adults, the other for children)
- A wide variety of beehives and beekeeping equipment presenting the evolution of beekeeping techniques over the centuries
- Nobel Prize winner Karl von Frisch's research, particularly on the "language" of bees
- Two glazed hives which make it possible to discover the comings and goings of the foragers a
Did you know?
- Bees communicated by dancing
- They do not see the colour red
- A working bee lives 40 days, a Queen 5 years
- Each bee has a very specific role in the hive
COVID-19 : Please keep in mind non essential travels are not supported by Belgian authorities. We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you wish to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply a look at their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions. Some will prefer you to book your ticket in advance. Infos
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.
Shop - Car parking - Cycle rack - Parking - Playground
Guide available/groups - FR - NL