Namur has planted 5 themed gardens to help develop the biodiversity at the heart of the town.
- The colourful garden (accessible duringspecial events)
- The scented garden (free access at the Namur castle): Mediterranean garden, rose garden, edible garden
- The 2 towers garden (Citadel, open all year): diverse plots of land
- The small fruit garden (Wépion, by the Strawberry museum): Belgian (small) fruit trees, English style garden, fig trees
- Jean Chalon garden (Louise-Marie park, June-September): plants, trees, colourful flowers
- The Poets' garden (behind the House of Poetry, same opening hours) climbing plants,
You can book a guided tour of the gardens: information can be found on the town's website.
COVID-19 : Recreational/tourist travel to and from Belgium is prohibited until 18 April 2021. In accordance with the latest Covid-19 restrictions, most museums, tourist attractions and information centres are now closed in Wallonia, and events cancelled. We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you wish to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply a look at their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions. Some will prefer you to book your ticket in advance. Infos
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.