Namur has planted 5 themed gardens to help develop the biodiversity at the heart of the town.
- The colourful garden (accessible duringspecial events)
- The scented garden (free access at the Namur castle): Mediterranean garden, rose garden, edible garden
- The 2 towers garden (Citadel, open all year): diverse plots of land
- The small fruit garden (Wépion, by the Strawberry museum): Belgian (small) fruit trees, English style garden, fig trees
- Jean Chalon garden (Louise-Marie park, June-September): plants, trees, colourful flowers
- The Poets' garden (behind the House of Poetry, same opening hours) climbing plants,
You can book a guided tour of the gardens: information can be found on the town's website.
You may have heard Belgium has recently faced torrential rain, causing dramatic floods. Many regions have been touched by this natural catastrophe. We are doing our best to help all travellers coming to Wallonia. Some sites are, as you can understand, not accessible for the time being. Please contact them or check their website/social media platforms before getting on the road. Be assured we are all trying to get things back to order as soon as possible. Travel advice
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.