- Folklore and Tradition
Discover this fascinating religious procession, dedicated to Mary.
- 4 pm: departure Polydore Beaufaux Square, in Basse-Wavre, towards the pilgrims coming from Noville-sur-Mehaigne.
- 6.15 pm: pilgrims and walkers gather, food tasting, walk towards Wavre
- 7 pm: arrival in Wavre
- 7,15 pm: the procession walks to the Saint Jean-Baptiste church
- 8 pm: walk to the Basse-Wavre basilica, snacks in the parish room
- 10.30 pm: torch-lit cavalcade
- 11 pm: fireworks
- 7.30 am: mass for the pilgrims at the Basse-Wavre basilica
- 8.15 am: the procession starts
- 10.50 am: blessig
- 11.25 am: prayers at the Saint Jean-Baptiste church
- 12.30 pm: return to Basse-Wavre
COVID-19 : Please note PCR tests and quarantines remain a strict requirement when travelling to Belgium. We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you wish to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply a look at their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions. Some will prefer you to book your ticket in advance. Infos
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.
Event planned for the month of June 2021 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.