These 6 hectares park surrounding the medieval castle of Braine-le-Château are so peaceful, so serene they are worth the detour. Open to visitors on requirement.
The beauty of the park
- Remarkable trees (16th century maple trees, yews...)
- The river Hainflows behind the castle
- The moats are filled with water from the nearby springs
- The remains of a former Icehouse used during WW1
- Migrating birds (herons, ducks, geese...)
- Access to the lapidarium and its fascinating, ancient tombstones
The Counts of Hornes' castle
This fortress, built at the beginning of the 18th century by the Lords of Trazegnies, was turned into a leisure castle during the Renaissance and has since hosted prestigious families. it cannot be visited but strands gloriously in the park.
- Grand'Place 201440 Braine-le-ChâteauPhone number
+32 2 366 93 49