- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Museum cultivates the memory of Pierre-Joseph Redouté, known worldwide for its paintings of roses. The site was built in front of where the artist's house, destroyed during WW2, once stood.
The painter was born in 1759 in Saint-Hubert.
What to see in the museum?
- Numerous original works, prints and objects are on display
- Engravings by Henri-Joseph Redouté, brother of the artist and zoologist painter).
You will find other tributes to Redouté in Saint-Hubert:
- La Fontaine Redouté (Place du Marché)
- The rose garden (Avenue of the Ardennes Hunters) gathering 50 different varieties.
Before getting on the road, do contact the closest tourist office to your destination. If you are going to the Hautes Fagnes, please remember the number of visitors is limited each day. The Hautes Fagnes Tourist Office will give you the latest details. The Luxembourg and East Cantons Tourist Office will give you the ski slopes opening times. For additional skiing and winter sports information in Belgium, you can contact the East Contons Tourist Office.
Guide available/groups - FR