Is your mouth watering yet? It gets even better: to this is added some fantastic cheese…
- 2 pork cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 100 g flour
- 4 parsnips
- 1 kg Bintje potatoes
- 1 onion
- 100 g of grated Vieux Bailli cheese (from the Bailli farm), a cow milk, fruity hard cheese
- 25 cl milk
- 4 slices of stale bread (the drier, the better)
- 2 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs of curled parsley
- Thyme, bay leaves, butter, single cream, salt, pepper
Hands-on time: 45 mn
Cooking time: 15 mn
1. Wash the vegetables. Peel and chop the onion thinly. Melt the butter in a pan and cook the onion until softer.
2. Cut the parsnips and potatoes in pieces. Add to the pan, together with the thyme and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the vegetables with the milk. Cook for 20 mn.
3. When fully cooked, drain the vegetables. Place them in a food processor, add the cheese, a knob of butter and a little single cream. Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
4. Add the stale bread and parsley leaves to your (now empty and cleaned) food processor. Reduce to the thinnest crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover each pork cutlet first in flour, then in beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
6. Melt butter in a pan and cook your pork cutlet on each side.
7. Place on a plate with your roast parsnips mash.
Discover some of our local producers
The Bailli Farm in Soignies
The Delsamme farm in Strepy-Bracquegnies
The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx
La Binchoise: a brewery almost as famous as the local Carnival
A sweet stop at Chocolaterie Legast (Braine-le-Comte)