The ruins of the Crèvecoeur castle stand beautifully on a rocky outcrop overlooking the tow of Bouvignes. Visitors will have a splendid view on the Meuse valley from there.
A remarkable site filled with history
Built in 1320, the fortress was then modified in the 14th and 15th century.
The legend days that, when Henri II attacked, 3 officers' fiancées took over the tower and encouraged the soldiers defending the castle. Preferring death to imprisonment, as defeat neared, they jumped from the top of the tower...
The dungeon is the oldest part. With the comtal castle, it helped defend the nearby towns.