- Religious heritage
This chapel, commissioned by Louis XIV and dedicated to Saint Louis, was worked on in 1722. It thereafter paid tribute to Saint Christophe.
The building was beautifully renovated in 1957 by architect Joseph André. The sense of orientation was modified and a splendid mosaic (based on designs by Jean Ransy and put together by specialists all the way from Venice) added to the nave. Stretching over 200m², this artwork composed of millions of tiny glass squares (coloured or covered with gold leaf) represents the Apocalypse of St. John.
Good to know
- Entry is free
- Guided tours organised on set dates or on request