- Folklore and Tradition
Saint Hubert, considered protector of hunters since the 19th century, is also asked of his blessing when it comes to dogs and horses. If you love traditions, make sure to stop by in Saint Hubert to see the ceremony.
Many animations will take place from 9 am in front of the basilica: folkloric groups, an artisanal market (with tasting of local products and wine), hunting horns being sounded and of course gatherings of hunters, horsemen, members of the Saint Hubert fellowship and flag throwers.
After the mass, around 11 am, holy bread will be distributed and animals blessed outside the church.
- 9 am: mass at the Saint Hubert's altar
- 9 am: artisanal market, tasting of regional products
- 9.30 to 10.30 am: adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and confessions in the crypt
- 10 am: sounding of hunting horns, falconry demonstrations, flag throwers, dogs dressage demonstrations (town centre)
- 10.45 am: gathering and procession towards the basilica (Place du Fays)
- 11 am: holy mass in honour of Saint Hubert by the Royal-Forêt Saint-Hubert, joined bythechurch's choir (basilica)
- Blessing of the bread and presentation of the relics (basilica)
- 12.15 pm: blessing of the animals (in front of the basilica)
- 1 pm: start of the equestrian rally (sports centre)
On the 3rd of November every year