Inspired by the Ourthe, Vesdre and Amblève valleys, this recipe brings together confit duck and Jerusalem artichoke.
- 2 confit duck legs
- 300 g Jerusalem artichokes
- 50 cl milk
- 50 cl single crem
- 50 g grated cheese
- 250 g salad
- Salt, pepper, butter, orange vinegar and hazelnut oil
1. Rinse then peel the Jerusalem artichokes. Cook them in a mix of milk and cream. Once cooked. Drain then mash with a little butter. Season and set aside.
2. Warm the duck legs a few minutes in the oven then pull the meat apart roughly. Place the meat in a baking dish. Top with the Jerusalem artichoke mash then the grated cheese. Put under the grill until the cheese melts.
3. Make a simple dressing with the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve on the side of the parmentier.
Discover some of our local producers
Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near Sprimont
The Brasserie de l'Elfique