This delicious recipe is inspired by the Meuse Valley, near Namur and Dinant. Real treat ahead!
- 2 ostrich fillets (120 g each)
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 white onions
- 400 g sinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of saffron mustard
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- Salt, pepper, salt flakes and butter
Hands-on time: 5 mn
Cooking time: 8 mn
1. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Be generous with the pepper!
2. Melt a large knob of butter in well heated frying pan and cook your meat on both sides. Put the meat aside.
3. Toast the bread and use a cookies cutter to makes circles.
4. Peel and slice the onions. Add them to the frying pan with the meat juice, add salt and pepper and cook them until soft. Add the spinach and season again.
5. Make a simple dressing with walnut oil and saffron mustard.
6. On a plate, first place the bread circles then top with the spinach and onion salad and finally the sliced meat. Drizzle with a spoonful of dressing.
Discover some of our local producers
The Pont d'Amour ostrich farm in Sorinnes
Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visit
Escargotière de Warnant
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard