Tournai is holding its very first Triennale of contemporary art this summer - come along!
This event was created by INTERSECTIONS, with the aim of adding to Tournai's cultural and touristic palette of activities in summer.
For this, INTERSECTIONS is launching 3 triennales, the first taking place this summer:
- 2019: contemporary art Triennale
- 2010: design and textile Triennale
- 2021: architecture and public art Triennale
These themed events defined the cultural identity of the city.
The 2019 edition
Visitors can discover urban manifestations in 10 iconic locations:
- The Musée d’Histoire militaire
- The Natural History museum and vivarium
- The Musée du Folklore et des Imaginaires
- The Musée des Beaux-Arts
- TAMAT (tapestry, mural arts and fabrics)
- The Saint-Jacques church
- The tourist office
- The Halles aux draps (outside balcony)
- The belfry
- Dany Danino's sculpture
The Triennale pays tribute to two Belgian artists: Dany Danino and Daniel Locus, wh chose the theme, "The counterfeiter and the blind"
Saturday 18 June 2022
June 22 to September 22, 2019
More information on the official website.