Green, colour of hope. Was it always the case? This new exhibition at the TreM.a, Musée des Arts anciens de Namur, will reveal it all.
Green has always been a divisive colour.
It all started with stones and gems:
- Emerald, the most feminine
- Malachite, jade, serpentine, peridot... less prestigious but still beloved
Each of them inspired jewellers and artisans and in time was used a symbol of status, a means to contact the gods or enhance women's natural beauty.
Discover the use of these stone from Prehistoric times to now:
- the choice of these stones
- the techniques used and mastered
- the origins of these materials
- their mineralogical identity
- The extraction methods....
From Saturday 24 October 2020 to Sunday 31 January 2021.