- Folklore and Tradition
This traditional carnival takes place in the most magical setting: the ruins of the Villers-la-Ville abbey...
The festivities will start at 8 pm with a fantastic feast, served in a heated marquee. Booking mandatory.
- 9 am: join the trail or jogging through the streets of Villers. Fancy dress for the first one, normal sports clothes for the second.
- Noon, at the municipal school of Villers-la-Ville: face painting and workshops for children who wish to join the procession
- 1.30 pm: start of the procession, led by an orchestra, through the village to a circus tent for a free show
- End of the afternoon: election of the prince and princess of the carnival
- 8 pm: join the marquee for a wonderful dance evening.
- 10 am: gathering of the "hunchbacks" of Ramipont at the marquee, traditional dancing
- Noon: groups will gather at the marquee
- 2.30 pm: procession through the village
- 5 pm: closing party
- 8.30 pm: traditional dancing
Event planned for the month of February 2021Dates and programme may be subject to change.