- Sport and relaxation
- Walking or hiking
The area simply is gorgeous: the vale is crossed by crystal clear streams, the flora and fauna are incredibly diverse and counts endangered species.
The RAVel, towards the end of the itinerary, will take you through wider This family-friendly walk near Lompret (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia) will take you to Calestienne, a still rather wild region.
On the program: the locality named "La filature" home, in the 19th century, to a forge, the lush flora by the Eau Blanche river, a wide range of tree species...
After leaving the valley, the path leads you towards the ridges. Further one, it will meander beautifully though woodlands.
In Lompret, you will discover the stunning yard of a feudal castle, witness to what the village looked like in medieval times.
Start / Finish: Lompret
Distance: 6 km
Click here to download the interactive map, description of the itinerary and the GPX file for this route.
Along the way
- The Musée de la Vie Rurale: a museum dedicated to yesteryear and traditions in Huissignies
- La Petite Suisse: a cow farm in Lompret
- Aquascope de Virelles
- Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made
- AquaSphair at the Aquascope de Virelles | A night under the stars
- Le Petit Chapitre: a guesthouse in Chimay
- Ferme de la Barrière countryside gîtes in Chimay - Maladerie
- Chimay campsite
- Gîte rural La Boerderij
- Route de la Plate Taille, 996440 Boussu-Les-WalcourtPhone number +32 71 14 34 83
Maximum distance : 6.3 Km