- Sport and relaxation
- Walking or hiking
This lovely walk will take you through wetlands by the Haine, a nature site quite unexpected in this rather industrial region.
From the park of the Château de Boussu, you will easily get to this large nature reserve. Continue along the water, by the Saubim.
After enjoying peaceful landscapes, you will discover the more austere mining heap ones at the Grand Hornu site. The RAVel along the former Warquignies train line used to lead all the carts coming from the mines.
A little before Boussu, a small detour on the left will take you to This lovely walk will take you along the Sambre river, near Namur.
Behind you, the Floreffe abbey overlooks the region and has done so for centuries.
Along the path from there, you will notice how industrial times influenced the landscape. The itinerary follows the river where narrowboats used to stop and charge glass from the Floreffe factory. The valley, now so peaceful was once filled with dust and noise from the mining sites n Floriffoux, Soye and Franière.
Start / Finish: Floreffe
Distance: 7.9 km
Click here to download the interactive map, description of the itinerary and the GPX file for this route.
Along the way
- The Floreffe Abbey
- The mill-brewery of the Floreffe Abbey
- Enjoy a river cruise from Floreffe with the Carpe Diem narrowboats
- Floreffe caves
- Les Compagnons des Prés | Balades à cheval ou à dos d'âne
- Musée Inter Police La Brigade à Floreffe
- Gîte rural Le Charril à Beuzet
- Motorhome camping site in Floreffe
- Gîtes d'Apothecarius Moretum: an urban gîte in Fosses-la-Ville