This delicious recipe by Chef Julien Lapraille and Sommelier Eric Boschmann will transport you to the Belgian Ardenne.
- 2 chicken fillets
- 50 cl Cuvée des Trolls beer
- 2 teaspoons of whole-grain mustard
- 2 chicories
- 20 cl coffee
- 50 g butter
- Salt, pepper, Maldon salt fakes
- Mix of fresh aromatic herbs of your choice
Hands-on time: 30 mn
Cooking time: 15 mn
1. Put the chicken fillets in a large bowl with the mustard and Cuvée des Trolls. Season with salt and pepper then leave to marinate for a few minutes.
2. Rinse then slice the chicories in half lengthwise. Place them in a baking dish, with the heart of the vegetables turned upwards. Season with salt and pepper then pour the coffee. Add water until the level reaches half the height of your dish. Season once more and top with the diced butter.
3. Heat your oven at 170° C then cook until the chicon fully tender. When done, put the vegetable aside, recover the juice from cooking and reduce by half, until it reaches and almost syrupy texture. Put aside.
4. Heat a skillet. First sear the chicken fillets on each side, then let them cook gently, turning the heat down.
5. Time to dress your plate. Place the chicories, the chicken fillets on the side. Pour the sauce and sprinkle with chopped aromatic herbs.