Walloon beef is incredibly tasty. Well worth a tartare! This version is slightly cooked to give you the best of two worlds.
- 200 g excellent beef
- 2 egg yoks
- 6 tablespoons of walnut oil
- A tablespoon of mustard
- 1 sprig of curly parsley
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 extremely thin slices of bread, toasted
- Maldon salt flakes, pepper, mix of aromatic herbs for the salad, butter
Hands-on time: 5 mn
Cooking time: 5 mn
1. Cut the dice in very small pieces and set aside.
2. In a blender, mix the egg yolks, walnut oil, fresh herbs and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add to the beef and mix with a spoon.
4. Melt some butter in a frying pan. Place a high rimmed cookie cutter in your pan, fill with the beef. Cook gently – not too long – just on one side.
5. Place on your plate, top with a slice of toasted bread and aromatic herbs.