The Bonne Espérance abbey, built in the 12h century, became home to a mill, brewery and bakery in the 18th century. They still produce artisanal products, well worth stopping by!
Come and see...
- Original pieces: the over where exquisite sugar tarts are baked, the wheel used to grind the grain...
- Artisans all around: growing lavender, turning wood...
Come and taste...
Beer, cheese, countryside bread made in the abbey! Light dishes also are served on the terrace by the pond.
- The mill works on Sunday afternoons. The visit is free
- Open from the beginning of April to the end of September on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (2.30 to 8.30 pm)
- Guided tours of the abbey on Sundays at 3.30 pm, starting from the mill ( €4/person)
- Contact: +32 (0)496/86 88 18 (6 to 8 pm)
Guide available/groups - FR