- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
This historical site is situated in the province of Brabant Wallon, a mere 20 km drive from Brussels. It can be found at the base of the Lion's Mound, the monument that marks the front line of the battle between French and English troops.
What to see:
- The Waterloo 1815 Memorial Museum the starting point of your travel through time. This includes the screening of a 3D movie.
- The Lion's Mound, overlooking the full battlefield
- The Panorama, a 110 m x 12 m painting depicting the battle
- The Hougoumont farm, an iconic part of the battlefield
On summer days, and Thursdays-Sundays from April-June and September-October:
- A bivouac presenting the soldiers' daily lives
- Cannon demonstrations
- A fun little play presenting a soldiers' school
- Horse carriage rides between the Lion's Mound and the Hougoumont Farm
- An exhibition presenting women in that era and their role in war
Validity date: from 01-01-2020 au 31-12-2020
- Offer valid throughout 2020 (except when the site is hosting special events)
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
Pass 1815 Waterloo: 6 attractions and museums presenting Napoleon's last battle for 20€
This single ticket gives you access to the 6 attractions and museums presenting Napoleon's last battle. The best way to learn and experience a important chapter in history.
Please check the opening times, booking tips and recommendations with them (either via their website or by contacting them directly) before visiting. Remember to check the border and quarantine regulations before travelling.
Click here to see the list of attractions now reopened.
Minimum duration : 1:00
Maximum duration : 3:00
German - English - French - Dutch
Credit cards accepted - Library or document centre
Shop - Non-smoking - Car parking - Parking - Restaurant - Common bathroom - Terrace
Guide available/groups - German - EN - ES - FR - IT - NL - Guide available/individuals - DE - EN - ES - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet