The first Cloth Hall is thought to date back to the 13th century. Built out of wood, it was blown away by a storm. It was reconstructed 4 years later (1610-1611) in an eclectic architectural style: the first floor is in a Renaissance style, the gables are baroque, the frontispiece has superposed Ionic columns... The facade was renovated when the Grand Place was inaugurated in 1998.
It mostly can be admirer from there with a few occasions throughout the year to step in the building (Halle Gourmande, marché de Noël...)
For more information, contact the Tournai Tourist Office.