- Sport and relaxation
- Mountain bike ride
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
From Houffalize, follow the Ourthe: the trail will combine challenging paths and fast descending slopes through the Ardenne forest.
You will find the first slope just after leaving Houffalize: this gives you an idea of the pace of this itinerary, a real pleasure for lovers of mountain biking. At the top of the hill await a fantastic descend towards the Ourthe.
Once down, continue along the Nationale by taking a corbelled path, its narrowness maling it rather challenging. The road then goes up rather steeply and will alternate going up and down hill.
Once you reach the bridge in Rensiwez, cross to the other side of the river to follow the trail upsteam until you reach a stunning forest. The steep path goes along the rock. Take the time to turn round: the landscape is beautiful.
From Achouffe, the path gets easier. A last pleasant slope down takes you back to Houffalize, nestled in a meander of the Ourthe. Still have some energy? You can continue along the Black Track, which was designed for the mountain biking world cup: this 4-km trail has made Houffalize famous.
In the area
- Houtopia, a recreative centre dedicated to children in Houffalize
- The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnome
- The Deux Ourthes nature park (Province of Luxembourg)
- Vayamundo Houffalize, a holiday resort in the Ardennes region
- Gîte rural La Grange du Bout du Chemin à Houffalize
Maximum distance : 18 Km
Minimum duration : 1:30