- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
This 60 hectares wide nature reserve by the Amblève is a real gem! Do make a detour to admire its incredible biodiversity.
A fascinating site
- Goats: they gave their name to the reserve (Gatte means goat in Walloon). Their coat and hooves carry seeds from one grazing site to another, helping plants spread their growth.
- Insects: some very rare ones, exceptional in that part of the world for some.
- Birds: Look up: you might very well see an eagle owl or peregrine falcon...
- Amphibians: salamanders love to hide under dry fallen, dry leaves, branches or stones
- Rocks and landscapes: the reserve is on the south side of the hilly landscapes of the Condroz. From the top of the cliffs, you will have stunning views on the Ardenne massif, the Calestienne, the Famenne and nearby valleys.
COVID : We do our best to keep you informed. It's best, however, to check the latest news with the attraction you are visiting, or operator you have booked an activity with. The Covid Safe Certificate is mandatory, as is wearing masks for anyone over the age of 6. Planning to go for a walk in the Haute Fagnes, enjoy the magic of Christmas, maybe find a place for a well deserved break? Read our travel advice.
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.