- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
The industrial area along the Meuse, in Flemalle, hides quite a gem: the Roches nature reserve.
This green space is part of Natura 2000: a European network listing natura or semi-natural sites considered to have an exceptional fauna and flora.
- The site features two former limestone quarries
- The wide variety of plants on the site (valerian, thyme, origano...) makes it particularly fragrant and enchanting
Varied and rare fauna
- 70 species of birds, including the rare peregrine falcon
- You might aslo glimps wall lizards, a smooth Coronelle and quite fascinating insects
Time for a stroll
- The site is always open to visitors but please stay on the designated trails
- Group visits possible, booking essential