- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
This arboretum is nestled in a state-owned forest is just 3 km away from the town centre of Spa. 9 hectares wide, it was planted on a 450 m high, exposed plateau with a low slope heading North.
- The arboretum as you see it mostly dates back to 1932 but a number of trees were there from 1916
- Other species had beenplanted as early as 1898 as an experimentation bud sadly have not survived
- The many coniferous trees, including the Abies magnifica planted in 1920 (1.5 m circomference, 33 m high)
- The Maison de la Nature et de la Forêt du Domaine de Bérinzenne nearby
COVID-19 : Please note PCR tests and quarantines remain a strict requirement when travelling to Belgium. We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you wish to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply a look at their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions. Some will prefer you to book your ticket in advance. Infos
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.