- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
This arboretum is nestled in a state-owned forest is just 3 km away from the town centre of Spa. 9 hectares wide, it was planted on a 450 m high, exposed plateau with a low slope heading North.
- The arboretum as you see it mostly dates back to 1932 but a number of trees were there from 1916
- Other species had beenplanted as early as 1898 as an experimentation bud sadly have not survived
- The many coniferous trees, including the Abies magnifica planted in 1920 (1.5 m circomference, 33 m high)
- The Maison de la Nature et de la Forêt du Domaine de Bérinzenne nearby