- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
This arboretum is nestled in a state-owned forest is just 3 km away from the town centre of Spa. 9 hectares wide, it was planted on a 450 m high, exposed plateau with a low slope heading North.
- The arboretum as you see it mostly dates back to 1932 but a number of trees were there from 1916
- Other species had beenplanted as early as 1898 as an experimentation bud sadly have not survived
- The many coniferous trees, including the Abies magnifica planted in 1920 (1.5 m circomference, 33 m high)
- The Maison de la Nature et de la Forêt du Domaine de Bérinzenne nearby
The information provided is an indication only. We advise you to inquire directly with the organisers of the event that interests you before you leave.