- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
- Industrial heritage
Blue stone has been cut and sculpted in Maffle since the Middle Ages: both a skill and an art... Want to know more? This museum will tell you all about this industry both locally and in Europe. The building, right in in the former quarries, used used to be one of the site's managers home.
The galleries present the different techniques and tools used as well as the workers' life at the time.
The museum can organise activities for school groups:
- initiation to stone cutting
- a walk through the quarry followed by the making of a mural with the elements found along the way
- Open all year on request
- Guided tours on requets
- Guided tours for schools and groups: 20 persons min.
- Guide dogs allowedd
Shop - Car parking - Parking
Guide available/groups - FR - NL