Take a stroll iTake a stroll in the Jardin des 2 tours in the Citadel of Namur: a 500 m2 medieval inspired garden featuring 6 different themes and overlooking the city.n the Jardin des 2 tours in the Citadel of Namur: a 500 m2 medieval inspired garden featuring 6 different themes and overlooking the city.
Historical documents were used to design this garden, meant to remind us how the Walloons used to live in the 15th century.
The site, framed with fortification walls, two towers (one named "Joyeuse" or Cheerful, the other "César") and the Merveilleuse road, was chosen for the vineyard tradition linked to the sun-kissed slopes o the Citadel, its historical past and its relief. The talus slope is naturally organised in tiers, as were medieval gardens.
- The orchard invites to meditation
- The garden path
- The garden of simples and medicinal plants
- The flower gardens used to decorate altars
- The love gardens
- The welcome garden with its young vineyard
- Entrance on the Merveilleuse road (by the Joyeuse tower)
- Guided tour for groups