- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Park (castles)
- Architectural heritage
Distinguished by its famous checkerboard patterns on its walls, the castle is a stunning, rare example of Mosane Renaissance style from the mid-16th century. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
While the castle itself is actually closed for renovations, visitors can walk along the scaffolding, encapsulating 1950 m² of façades or, even better, use a VR set to see how stunning the site is.
This is a fine example of a 16th century Meuse Renaissance-style building, with vaulted basements of the former keep going back to the late 13th century. In the 19th century the castle was extensively renovated and extended in a sober Gothic Revival style but after World War 2, when it was used as a hostel for displaced children of the Belgian Railway Workers, the building fell into disrepair. The chateau then passed into the ownership of Comte van de Steen who restored the interior using as far as possible original furniture and paintings.
- The Italian gardens and parks are little Edens with remarkable trees planted along lines of lime trees. Visitors can also admire copper sculptures and water features.
- The former vegetable patch, first planted in the 19th century at the edge of the forest, was brought back to life. Now protected by a lovely brick wall, it stretches along a hectare and offers a delightful stroll along forgotten vegetables, edible flowers, fruit trees and delicate roses.
- The garden also hides a former icehouse, built in the 19th century to collect ice during winter.
CHÂTEAU DE JEHAY
Validity date: from 26-03-2022 au 27-10-2022
- Offer valid between March 26th and October 27th, 2022 (outside special events)
- 4€ instead of 5€ per adult
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please use the code ESC2022 to enjoy this promotion
Shop - Car parking - Motor Home parking - Parking
Pets not allowed