We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character© Abbaye de Maredsous asblDenée
Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of characterThe Maredsous Abbey, in the Molignée valley, is one of the most beautiful ones in Belgium. Make the most of your visit to admire the architecture of the monastery and taste the famous cheese and beer made on site.
- Les Anes de François: donkey rides in Gembloux© Les Anes de FrançoisBossière
Les Anes de François: donkey rides in GemblouxNature guide François will take you on a guided donkey ride in Bossière, between Gembloux and Namur: a wonderful way to slow down and really enjoy the landscapes around you... Perfect for adults and children!
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The Ahinvaux estate (Yvoir)© WBT - Caroline RaseYvoir
The Ahinvaux estate (Yvoir)The Anhivaux estate offers a range of activities and quality infrastructures in the Bocq valley. Hikes, donkey rides... There is something for the whole family.
- Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-ArdenneL'Esprit de l'Ane, a charity dedicated to donkeys, was created by Kelly and Geoffrey who have provided a home to 14 of these adorable animals. Passionate about nature, they organise courses, rides and walks in La Roche-en-Ardenne and its region.
- Le Mont des ânes: donkey rides through the Ardenne© Le Mont des ânesMormont
Le Mont des ânes: donkey rides through the ArdenneEnjoy the pretty paths going through the Ardenne with a donkey who will be carrying your luggage. The adventure starts in Mormont, near Erezée. Children aged 6 and above can join the fun.
- BaladÁnes: donkey rides in L'Hermeton© Karl BondroitSautour
BaladÁnes: donkey rides in L'HermetonExplore a preserved, green region by donkey, discovering sweet villages, the peacefulness of the countryside and woodlands along the way. You might even meet a deer, roe or stag!
- Ânes et co: donkey rides in the Eau d'Heure lakes region© Elsa CassimansWalcourt
Ânes et co: donkey rides in the Eau d'Heure lakes regionÂnes et co in Walcourt offers a wide range of activities around wonderful animals: donkeys.
- Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-Famenne© Alain DantinneMarche-en-Famenne
Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-FamenneLooking for the perfect day out with children? Donley rides guarantee a memorable experience.
- Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of Namur© WBT - Caroline RaseSchaltin
Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of NamurCreated in October 2018, Flâneries organises nature activities and donkey rides in the countryside. Perfect as a romantic or family day out.
- The Floreffe Abbey© ®MTSO - JB Van AchterFloreffe
The Floreffe AbbeySituated on a promontory overlooking the Sambre Valley, the Floreffe Abbey enjoys the status of being listed as one of Wallonia’s Special Heritage Sites. The building, founded by Saint Norbert in 1121, contains many artistic, architectural and historic treasures.
- Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | Rebecq© Moulins d'Arenberg - Yves-Henri FeltzRebecq
Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | RebecqStep back in time as you enter the space of the Petit Moulin d'Arenberg in Rebecq. Enjoy visiting the neighboring beer house ...
- Donkey rides at Le Pré aux Ânes (Lierneux)© WBT - Caroline RaseLierneux
Donkey rides at Le Pré aux Ânes (Lierneux)Enjoy a donkey ride (saddled or with a carriage) in the Province of Liège for a few hours, a day or a full weekend. Both the animals and the guests are sure to enjoy the beauty of the Ardenne countryside.
- The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)© WBT - Caroline RaseRagnies
The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)The Escafène farm, in Ragnies (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia), organises nature activities for children: teaching farm, organic agriculture, donkey rides...
- Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort Abbey© WBT-DenisErroyauxRochefort
Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort AbbeyA community of Trappist and Cistercian monks of strict observance live on the abbey.
- Scourmont Abbey | Gourmet discovery in Chimay© WBT - O. LegardienChimay
Scourmont Abbey | Gourmet discovery in ChimayFind out more about making Chimay Trappist beers and cheeses. Discover the Abbey of Scourmont, located on a plateau near Chimay.
- The mill-brewery of the Floreffe Abbey© FTPN- Christian GenardFloreffe
The mill-brewery of the Floreffe AbbeyThe mill-brewery, at the foot of the Floreffe Abbey, dates back to the 13th century. It is the oldest remaining industrial building in the Province of Namur
- Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in Feluy© WBT - Caroline RaseFeluy
Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in FeluyBalad’âne invites you to enjoy donkey rides in and near the village of Feluy, a fantastic way to reconnect with nature and discover the historical canal, the local fauna, flora and the castle.
- The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)© Abbaye du Val-DieuAubel
The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)The Cistercian abbey of Val Dieu is a major site for pilgrimage and traditional Belgian beers in Belgium.
- The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in Habay© WBT - Caroline RaseHabay-la-Vieille
The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in HabayL'asinerie de l'O offers a cheerful, countryside setting where everyone is welcome: children, teenagers, families, visitors with specific need, groups...
- Naturâne© P. DelperdangeVaux sur Sûre
NaturâneFamily touristic complex: cafeteria, terroir products, farm open to the public, donkeys, products made from donkey's milk .