We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic train© Crocodile Rouge - Jean-Francois BaeldenBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic trainCome on board the Croco Express, a sweet touristic train, to discover the region of the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium.
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic train© Chemins du Rail asbl - Jean-Louis NOIRHOMMESpontin (Yvoir)
The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic trainThe Chemin de Fer du Bocq is a touristic train going along the "Luxembourg rail line" between Ciney and Purnode (Yvoir).
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Office du Tourisme de CouvinCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- The citadel of Namur's tourist train© FTPN - BossiroyNamur
The citadel of Namur's tourist trainNamur's tourist train will take you on a ride around the Citadel's defence walls. A fantastic way to appreciate their architecture and learn more about their history, from the Middle Ages to the present days.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Durbuy's touristic train© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteDurbuy
Durbuy's touristic trainA fun visit of the smallest city in the world, finishing on the heights of the town.
- Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | Rebecq© Moulins d'Arenberg - Yves-Henri FeltzRebecq
Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | RebecqStep back in time as you enter the space of the Petit Moulin d'Arenberg in Rebecq. Enjoy visiting the neighboring beer house ...
- Floreffe caves© Jerôme ClissenFloreffe
Floreffe cavesThe story starts in 1860, when Emile Henkinbrant starts digging the foundations of his neomedieval astle. Never did he expect to stumble onto a stunning kastic phenomena, complete with fascinating rooms and 800 m of underground galleries
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- Grottes de Goyet Architectural Site© Grottes de GoyetGoyet
Grottes de Goyet Architectural Site.The Caves of Goyet constitute an exceptional archaeological site in Belgium tjust a few kilometres from the city of Namur ..
- Archeological Centre of the Scladina Cave© Archéologie AndennaiseSclayn
Archeological Centre of the Scladina CaveStep into a quite extraordinary cave for a journey through time, all the way to the Prehistoric era... Here unfolds the tale of a Neandertal child, of bears, lions, hyenas and rhinos. Follow the guide, in fact an archaeologist, who will explain how the team tries to present the finds of a forgotten time.
- The Caves of Hotton: a geological gem© WBT - MT Ourthe et Aisne - C.MottetHotton
The Caves of Hotton: a geological gemLocated in the province of Luxembourg, the Caves of Hotton are part of Wallonia's protected natural heritage: a real geological gem!
- The mill-brewery of the Floreffe Abbey© FTPN- Christian GenardFloreffe
The mill-brewery of the Floreffe AbbeyThe mill-brewery, at the foot of the Floreffe Abbey, dates back to the 13th century. It is the oldest remaining industrial building in the Province of Namur
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- Chimay's touristic train© SI de ChimayChimay
Chimay's touristic trainThis sweet touristic train starts from the Grand Place in Chimay and takes visitors to Virelles via the Maillon Vert: a fantastic ride along the Eau Blanche river, offering lovely views of the Prince des Chimay park.
- Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to life© Paula MondragonHoudeng-Goegnies
Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to lifeRiding a train, impossible? Dreams do come true at the P'tit train d'Houdeng. Sitting on your own electric or steam train, you can enjoy being the driver on a 1,600 m long network of tracks.
- Spa touristic train© O.T. de SpaSpa
Spa touristic trainExplore Spa all year round on board this sweet touristic train.
- The Spy cave, an exceptional paleolithic site© Olivier Lereylac - AWPAJemeppe-Sur-Sambre
The Spy cave, an exceptional paleolithic siteFollow the steps of your Neandertal ancestors in the Grotte de Spy, near Namur.
- Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic train© VisittournaiTournai
Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic trainThis 50 mn itinerary, starting from the belfry, is a wonderful opportunity to travel through the 2,000 years of history of the city.
- L'Espérance: Nismes touristic train© C. LevacqNismes
L'Espérance: Nismes touristic trainItinerary presenting the iconic locations in Nismes: castle, park, Fondry des Chiens...
- Little touristic train© FTLB - P. WillemsLa Roche-En-Ardenne
Little touristic trainThis itinerary first goes through the city then goes up toward the wildlife park and the arboretum. You will have the possibility to hop off at both parks and catch up a later train back to town. Groups: possibility to book and choose a different itinerary.
- La Merveilleuse, a grotto in Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
La Merveilleuse, a grotto in DinantDiscovered in 1904, "La Merveilleuse" is considered one of the most beautiful grottos in Belgium.
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.
- Rochefort's touristic train© SI de RochefortRochefort
Rochefort's touristic trainStep on board Rochefort's touristic train to discover the region, its natural sites (Panorama du Rond du roi, Grotte de Lorette…) and cultural heritage
- The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | Elsenborn© WBT - Julie NevenElsenborn
The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | ElsenbornLooking for an original activity with family or friends? Try the Railbike and pedal through the beautiful wooded landscape of the Haute Fagnes.