We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Château de Louvignies© FTLB - P. WillemsChaussée-Notre-Dame-Louvignies
Château de LouvigniesSet in the countryside, only a few kilometres from Soignies in the province of Hainaut, the Château de Louvignies awaits.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of Han© WBT - David SamynHan-sur-Lesse
A walk in the Wildlife Nature Reserve by the Caves of HanTake a walk through the Wildlife Nature Reserve in Han sur Lesse. A 5 km hiking trail offers a wonderful opportunity to see animals up close.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Jardins d'Ô in Nismes© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
The Jardins d'Ô in NismesThe Viroin valley, with its picture-perfect landscapes, offers a wonderful selection of nature walks. Among these are the Jardins d’Ô, a pure invite to relax.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The Doudou Museum in Mons and its Jardin du Mayeur© Serge BrisonMons
The Doudou Museum in Mons and its Jardin du MayeurLocated in the Jardin du Mayeur, the Doudou Museum invites you to discover the rich world of the Ducasse, listed as world heritage.
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Modave Castle and its exceptional gardens© WBT - J.P. RemyModave
Modave Castle and its exceptional gardensThe Modave castle, listed as major cultural heritage of Wallonia, is well worth the detour. Built on a rocky hill in the province of Liège, it is said to date back to the Middle Ages.
- The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in Durbuy© Atelier Environnement ASBLDurbuy
The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in DurbuyThe largest topiary garden open to the public can be found in Durbuy, the smallest town in the world.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Notre-Dame à la Rose Hospital's wild flower garden© Francis VaubanLessines
Notre-Dame à la Rose Hospital's wild flower gardenThe high walls of white brick walls of the Notre-Dame à la Rose Hospital reveal a lovely enclosed garden. Used once as the sisters' cemetery, it was replanted with herbs and wild flowers. Only a few funeral stones witness to its past.
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© WBT – Dominik KetzHastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian Versailles© WBT - J.P. RemyBeloeil
The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian VersaillesBuilt in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium.
- Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)© G LadyJemappes
Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)This stunning park is only a few minutes walk away from the town centre of Jemappes, a sweet village in the Hainaut. Its 20 hectares are a pure invite for strolls.
- The château de la petite Flémalle and its park© Marlène DelliseFlémalle
The château de la petite Flémalle and its parkOn your way to visit the Ardent city, why not stop in Flémalle and visit its castle and park? They won't fail to delight you.
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- The Château d'Havré (near Mons)© Les Amis du Château d’Havré - Nicole DarvilleMons
The Château d'Havré (near Mons)The Château d'Havré is a beautiful, ancient building built just on the outskirts of Mons, in Belgium.
- Château de Waroux© FTLB - P. WillemsAlleur
Château de WarouxThe Château de Waroux, property of the commune of Ans, is easy recognisable by its sleek and elegant spire. The site, at the entrance of the region of...
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- Boussu castle, its park and museum | Province of Hainaut© Utku PekliBoussu
Boussu castle, its park and museum | Province of HainautBuilt in the 16th century by Jacques du Broeucq, Boussu Castle offers a visit rich in cutural and nature gems.
- The park of the Enghien castle, an exceptional place to stroll through© Office du Tourisme d’EnghienEnghien
The park of the Enghien castle, an exceptional place to stroll throughThe medieval city of Enghien, at the edge of the Eastern part of the Hainaut region, is proud of superb 182 hectares park.
- Château du Fosteau |Thuin© WBT - D.VasilovThuin
Château du Fosteau |ThuinAt the peak of an undulation towering above the surrounding meadows, can be seen the silhouette of the Château de Fosteau. This imposing 14th-century fortified manor house is still armed with its seven elegant towers.
- Château d'Attre© Jan D’HondtAttre
Château d'AttreA must-see historical site located near the city of Ath (Province of Hainaut), the château d'Attre is one of the most authentic witnesses of the second half of the 18th century in Belgium. Its 17 hectares estate, lined by the Dendre river, is quite stunning.
- Corroy-le-Château medieval castle© Simon SchmittCorroy-Le-Château
Corroy-le-Château medieval castleBuilt around 1270 by Count Philippe de Vianden, this castle in the plains of Wallonia, in perfect condition, is one of the most beautiful examples...
- Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)© ASBL chateau d’HavréHavré
Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)The Château des Ducs d'Havré, near Mons, is home to splendid flower gardens, fully in bloom between June and September.
- Herba Sana, garden of medicinal plants to visit, Elsenborn© OrtisElsenborn
Herba Sana, garden of medicinal plants to visit, ElsenbornLocated in the Hautes Fagnes, in the heart of the Ardennes, Herba Sana offers you to discover the medicinal plants and their virtues.
- Maison et jardin des plantes médicinales | Flobecq, Pays des Collines© Maison des plantes médicinalesFlobecq
Maison et jardin des plantes médicinales | Flobecq, Pays des CollinesLa Maison des Plantes médicinales, nestled in a former school in Flobecq, retraces the story of healing plants through time.
- The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)© Abbaye du Val-DieuAubel
The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)The Cistercian abbey of Val Dieu is a major site for pilgrimage and traditional Belgian beers in Belgium.
- The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery city© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery cityLocated within the citadel, these wood hills are an unexpected urban haven, ideal for peaceful walks and nature lovers. This unique natural and material heritage, 80 hectares in total, has been awarded 3 stars in the Michelin travel guide.
- Medieval life at the Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle© WBT - Caroline RaseEcaussinnes-Lalaing
Medieval life at the Ecaussinnes-Lalaing CastleSituated between Nivelles and La Louvière, the Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle proposes visits and entertainment in an authentic medieval décor.